Friday, May 23, 2008

May Is The New December

I'm officially declaring that this time of year is crazier & busier than the holidays. Between all of the end of year programs, celebrations, assemblies, tournaments, concerts, I truly am about to lose it -- hence the lack of posts. Somehow it seems that anything I find remotely fun like reading a book, surfing the web, playing some tennis or simply a good night's sleep all fall by the wayside once May arrives.

This weekend I'll be making 140 luggage tags for Big Brother's Fifth Grade Appreciation Celebration. Then it's working on clever gifts for the myriad of teachers, office staff, nurses, counselors, administrators, crossing guards, etc. who make school such a great place for my kids. I'll also be fitting in a soccer tournament, band concert, choir performance, preschool end of year party, Big Sis' braces removal, and I'm sure some other stuff I have forgotten and will undoubtedly remember the night before...

Good luck to all of you who are in this same boat. Let's hope it just stays afloat and reaches a safe harbor very soon.

6 comments:

Readings, Recipes and Rambles said...

I was worried about you!!!!!!!!!
It is a crazy, crazy time....good luck with everything..if you come up with some neat teacher gift ideas..please share!!!!!!

Tickled Pink And Green said...

Yes, I've been wondering where you were. Thought maybe you had run off with Shaun Cassidy after your last post. :)

Kim said...

Wait until you have a senior. Multiply the May Madness by about a million and that's what it's like. I'm glad I don't have one this year.

I actually have more going on in May than December.

Craziness!

The Chic Chauffeur said...

May is definitely the new December! You hit that nail right on the head! Hang in there, and June will be here with some nice lazy days of summer!

Kelly B. Rightsell said...

Hi Maddie, I agree that May is the new December 100%! With end of the year tests, parties, teacher gifts, etc..it is a never ending month. Thanks for your comments. I'm trying to keep blogging, but all of this school stuff is cuting into my time BIG TIME! Kelly

The 5 Bickies said...

I have repeated your "May is the new December" many times in the past 2 weeks. All I am doing is writing checks and purchasing/making presents. I'm ready for July!