Tuesday, July 29, 2008

My New Addiction

OMG~I have spent the whole day on this wonderfully fun website called Wordle. It makes those fun "word clouds" from any combination of words you create or from any website or blog you submit. Below is the cloud I created when I submitted my blog address.

What makes this site super cool is that you can choose the colors, font, layout and text. The site also includes a gallery of users' creations that can provide for tons of inspiration. It took me a little while to figure out how to save my creations and format them as jpeg images, but my perseverance paid off and now I'm hooked. My mind has been racing with all the ways I could use this. I'm thinking who needs a Christmas letter when I can just type in our year's highlights; format the text for red and green; and then print on a foldover card. How cute is that? I just finished making one for Big Sis that she proclaimed "really cool" and I'm planning to print and frame that one. The possibilities are endless. I'll keep you posted on other ideas I have, but right now you HAVE to head over to Wordle.

12 comments:

Polos & Pearls said...

neato! The card idea is really great!!

Kim said...

Just what I needed, another way to waste time on the computer.

Thanks for the tip!

Preppy Pink Crocodile said...

Super cute! I agree- like I need another way to waste time. Hehehe :)

preppy little dress AKA "PLD" said...

sounds like fun. i'll check it out!

preppy little dress AKA "PLD" said...

sounds like fun, i'll have to check the site out.

What Kate Wore said...

Oh, lord, this looks too wonderful. We echo the sentiments of everyone else, but you know we're all over it as soon as we do this comment!

Thank you for finding it and sharing the site with us! Too cool, especially in the design and colors you selected!

Hope you have a stellar weekend!
tp

Snappy Casual Snippets said...

I keep reading about that one all kinds of blog but haven't slowed down to try it.
I have changed my blogs around. My online store's blog is now Snappy Casual Gifts and my personal has been switched to Snappy Casual Snippets.

Emily said...

How cute!

Hazel Martin Designs said...

Hey Maddie, You won the bid on all 3 plates. Please contact me for info.
Wordle... very addictive! Love it!

Rickrack and Pompoms said...

This looks like fun, but I am not sure I would ever stop, I spend so much time reading blogs I better not even go tho the site.

Readings, Recipes and Rambles said...

Where have you been????? I hope everything is ok...have missed your blog!!

Tickled Pink And Green said...

Where are you???