Thursday, September 13, 2007

That about sums it up...

I love a good word. When I find one that so perfectly describes something that I'm trying to communicate, I can't help but smile. While writing the little tagline for this blog, I found one of those perfect words -- it seems to sum up much of what I do and who I am -- "meander" (I even like the way it sounds). When I looked up its definition, here's what I found:

meander (noun) - a winding path or course -What could better describe the life of a mother of three? Not to mention this is the perfect analogy for my ADD brain (which I love, by the way:)

meander (verb) - to move in a leisurely way, especially for pleasure. There is no better way to witness this word in action than to watch me shop at TJ MAXX or Marshalls (without kids). It's where I do my best meandering. I can also be found meandering in -- Barnes & Noble; antique stores; flea markets; my chintz-covered chaise where my daydreams are filled with meandering thoughts. Now, my goal is to incorporate meandering into all those crazy, harried daily aspects of my life so that I truly don't forget to "stop and smell the roses..."

I'll warn you now this blog will meander a lot as it follows the winding path of the life of a 40-something stay-at-home mom with many wandering thoughts and ideas. I'm sure I'll be sharing about my latest bargain finds to my training for a half-marathon to who knows what. I do hope that if you read my blog, you'll meander through it -- moving in a leisurely way, especially for pleasure!

No comments: