Sunday, February 10, 2008

It's all in the bag...

When Tickled Pink & Green posted about her daughter's adorable preppy tennis racquet cover, it got me thinking that it was about time for me to be getting a new tennis tote. Why it had been at least a few months since my last racquet cover purchase, so I was due for a new one, right??? See, I've got a little addiction issue when it comes to cute tennis stuff. By the looks of my tennis bag and racquet cover collection, you'd think I was really good when the fact is I am still (and will probably always be) a struggling novice. I figure that what skills I may lack on the court I can make up for with my fun tennis accessories. Here are a few items from my collection...


I love my Vera Bradley bag. It's on sale right now ($36.56) along with all Capri Melon items since this pattern is being retired. There's a matching visor and water bottle holder that are adorable. Check it out here .

Here are two more of my racquet covers. Both of these are from Toss Designs and Marshall's.



While browsing for a new bag, I stumbled onto Henry Brown bags which I think just might take the prize for adorable, preppy, fun racquet covers & totes. (not to mention great purses and handbags, too) Here are just a few that caught my eye...




The best part is you can monogram all of these. They've got great choices for monogram styles and motifs. Check them out here . I'll let you know which one (or two or three) I decide on. Oh, and here's a site kStyle that seemed to have pretty good deals on Henry Brown bags.

Now, I'm off to attempt to conquer "Mt. Washmore." I've procrastinated long enough and the mountain appears to be ready for an avalanche at any moment. Wish me luck...

6 comments:

Tickled Pink And Green said...

Love all those bags. Is the Vera a bag plus cover? I may need to get one. I still love your navy & green racquet cover and just yesterday looked at yet another Marshalls for one, but no luck. Only some sort of golf bag.

Did I ever mention that even my bonus baby's crib bumper pad is madras? I've done a post with pictures of a lot of my tartan collection and I think it's time to do one on my extensive madras collection!

The 5 Bickies said...

I am such a tennis geek...I am still carrying my racquet in the original Wilson "plastic" cover that it came with. There are so many cute choices. I would love to "run into" a Toss cover at Marshall's. Don't know if that will ever happen. Although I did find a fabulous Vineyard Vines green gingham shirt for hubby for valentine's day at Marshall's this past weekend.

Kim said...

Too cute. I am a bag whore.

Anonymous said...

Adorable! Especially love the 3 in the second to last pic. Check out the ones on Girly Twirly too!

Just Madras said...

Just love your site! You need to take at look at our accessories they are all MADRAS since we know you love Madras! Check out our madras tennis covers! JustMadras.com.

Kimberly and Kim

Caffeine Court said...

Love them! I carry one of those huge tennis bags. Very functional but NOT cute!

I used the tennis ladies as an example to my daughter of how I have to deal with mean people. You are so right...things can get pretty nasty out on the court!