Wednesday, February 13, 2008

The Simple Pleasures

Today, I am grateful for some of those little things that can really make a big difference...
  • Today was Bonus Baby's Valentine's Pizza Party at preschool so I didn't have to make her lunch. That extra 7 minutes this morning was so nice.

  • My full tank of gas that Mr. Madras so kindly filled up last night.

  • A dear friend who offered to do carpool pick up today
  • SUNSHINE!! We've had a couple of dreary days so the sun is such a treat.

I'm about to try and be a bit domestic in the kitchen & make these yummy sounding "chocolate pretzel buttons". I found the complete recipe and instructions at Enamor via one of my favorite crafty blogs, Craftzine. My 13-year-old thought these looked like a great Valentine's Day gift for her buddies. We'll see....

6 comments:

Kate said...

It is really all the little things that make you feel so great:)

Cute idea w/ the pretzel buttons!

PaperCourt said...

those are adorable! I must try them!

The Mrs. said...

So cute! Great idea!

Kim said...

Those look deeee-licious!

Melly said...

FYI~After many trips to many stores, I finally found some "pretzel wheels" to use for this recipe. Who knew pretzel rounds would be impossible to find?? The wheels worked fine and Big Sis took them to school today for friends' valentine's goodies. We'll see what the friends thought, but I know I've enjoyed the 20 or so I've popped in my mouth today...

Preppy Pink Crocodile said...

Those are adorable. I can't wait to hear how they turn out.