Monday, April 21, 2008

Finish What You Start

Well, I know...long time no post...I'd love to say we've been at DisneyWorld for the last month, but we've actually been home since March 23rd. I can't quite explain why I haven't posted. I've certainly thought of many ideas to write about...but, like so many things in my life...I just never seemed to get around to it. I'd read all my favorite blogs and think how interesting and witty they were and how nothing I had to say was that creative and cute. I seem to have this habit of starting many projects (like this blog) and going "gung-ho" for a while and then just leaving the project half-done. I even do it with books. Tonight, Big Sis asked if we could please finish decorating her room. (A project I enthusiastically started two months ago.) I believe her actual words were "Mom, can you just finish one thing before you start something else?!" Oops, what can I say to that? She's right, and I've decided that I've got to "lead by example." By the end of May my "completion goals" are:

  • Finish decorating Big Sis' room

  • Finish "Jane Austen in Scarsdale" A fun, preppy read I found in the bargain book section at Barnes & Noble. I'm more than halfway through the book, and I haven't picked it up in weeks. Instead, I started reading "The Big Green Purse" in hopes of beginning to live a little more earth friendly.

  • Post on my blog at least 4 times a week. (even if I think it's not as good as everyone else's)

I'll keep you posted on my progress...Tomorrow is Earth Day so I hope/plan to post some fun facts from "The Big Green Purse."

6 comments:

Melissa Fischer said...

Thanks for comming by and leaving such a nice comment on my blog! Stop by anytime! I am so jealous you got to go to Disney world- I hope you had a blast!!
Melissa W/ Fischtale Designs

Tickled Pink And Green said...

Thanks for your sweet words on my blog! We've missed you.
That Jane Austen in Scarsdale book looks good. Is that paperback or hardback? I may have to go look for that.

Kim said...

Welcome back--we've missed you!

And I can relate, I'm the queen of half finished projects.

Reading blogs is so much more entertaining. I do have a deadline, though, the girls come home next weekend and I have to clear out a space for their junque!

PaperCourt said...

Glad you're back. I really hoped you were living it up at Disney for a month but I figured you probably were not. I've been in a blogging rut too.

Anonymous said...

Hey! Glad you decided to post. I've been checking every couple of days. Welcome back! :-)

workinthatpreppy said...

the book looks great...i never finish what i start...AND my daughter's window treatments still need to be made....lots of projects so little time...