Monday, April 28, 2008

It's Official

.

Well, I did it. I just clicked "submit" and I'm now officially registered to run in my first marathon. I've run the Houston half-marathon twice (2007 & '08)and flirted on and off with the idea of doing a full marathon but could always find many reasons why it wasn't a good idea. Well, I've decided 2009 will be the time and Walt Disney World will be the place. I can think of no better place to trot those 26.2 miles than through the "Happiest Place on Earth. I've convinced myself that the atmosphere and sheer magic of that place will make give me the extra "oomph" I'll need to complete a marathon. So on January 11th, I hope to lace up my running shoes, sprinkle on a little pixie dust and enjoy a "leisurely 26.2 mile stroll" through my favorite place on earth.

One place that I've found some excellent running inspiration as well as some wonderful insights into life is Kristen Armstong's (Lance's ex-wife) blog Mile Markers. Kristen has such a way with words and an incredible view of life. Reading her blog is a shear joy and her posts always leave me with some nugget of wisdom or insight that changes the way I look at life.

Any other preppy runners out there care to join me...I'll spring for the madras running shorts :)

5 comments:

Kim said...

Girl, I couldn't run a mile. Even for a pair of madras shorts.

I need to run, but I don't. I'm a slug. Addicted to blogging, reading, watching tv and eating.

Not good habits for a marathoner, I'm thinking.

Suzanne said...

Ooh, sounds like fun! Good for you, good luck with your training!

Kate said...

Just found your blog and this sounds like to much fun!!

After hurting my knee in January I am slowly starting to run again. I definitely missed it!

J said...

Good for you! I'm (hopefully) running the half marathon the day before. I might do a half in the fall, but if I don't, Disney will be my first! (I registered for it last year but got a stress fracture and couldn't do the race.)

justme said...

you go girl !!!