Thursday, January 24, 2008

Giddyup!

Living in the Lone Star State provides opportunities for some fun traditions. Among them "Go Texan Day" where everyone in Houston is encouraged to dress in Western attire and celebrate the arrival of the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo. It's not unusual to see wagon trains along the sides of busy Houston freeways as real-live cowboys and cowgirls travel from their Texas towns to take part in the festivities of rodeo season. Festive, it is!!! There is nothing quite like the rodeo in Houston. Where else can you watch high school students rope calves to earn college scholarships then cheer on cowboys in wild barrel races and finally be a part of the "sold-out" Hannah Montanna concert (or see Fergie, Tim McGraw, Rascal Flatts, just to name a few)? Check out what it's all about here.

Since "Go Texan Day" is quickly approaching, I thought I'd do a little shopping for Bonus Baby. Some great cowgirl bargains I found...

Orient Expressed sale $32.88. The t-shirt ($15.88) and sweater($18.38) below also on sale at OE .

How cute is this Sara's Prints fleece coat from CWD KIDS. Only $14. There's a lot of cute stuff on sale at CWD right now.

Every cowgirl needs a pair of fashionable cowboy boots. Here's a cute pair from Target...



I wonder if I paired all of this with a green cowboy hat...Preppy Cowgirl...is that an oxymoron??? Happy Trails, Y'all...

6 comments:

Kim said...

Too cute! We are going back for DOTR's 30th HS reunion this summer and it is prime rodeo country (in Nebraska). They have a rodeo every night of the summer, but they've scheduled the reunion for the Big One, I guess so there's actually something to do if you feel like staying for more than the reunion.

Tickled Pink And Green said...

Yeeeeeehaw!

Hey, I went to a Marshalls yesterday but did not find that tennis racket cover - only another kind of sporting bag in that argyle-ish pattern. Darn I want that tennis racket cover. What dept did you find it in? The bag I saw was hanging in the purse section. I did see those cute wellies but unfortunately I already several pairs of wellies. Anyway, just thought I'd share that. I'll try another Marshalls - and then it's time for Tuesday Morning! lol.

Suzanne said...

Very cute. My parents gave my 4 year old daughter the pink cowboy boots for her birthday. They are a riot!

Caffeine Court said...

Both my daughters had pink cowgirl boots! They looked so cute in them!

I went to Tuesday Morning today-no Lilly-:(.

(They did have some really cute tennis paper plates and napkins, so I didn't go home empty handed.

workinthatpreppy said...

i am all for a preppy cowgirl!

The Mrs. said...

So cute!