Thursday, January 31, 2008

Meeting Mr. Madras

Well, I'm finally home after a crazy few days of traveling, cancelled flights, airport food, lost luggage and a bunch of other travel-related headaches.

I was so excited to see that Abnormally Normal had tagged me for my very first time so here's the scoop on how I met Mr. Madras...

It was my freshman year (his sophomore) during the first week of school. The RA of my floor was dating the RA of Mr. M's floor so there was always some kind of good-natured fun going on. My first encounter with Mr. M was the night we had a "boxer raid." All the girls on my floor stormed the guys' dorm rooms, opened their dresser drawers and attempted to "steal" a pair of boxers. Lucky for me, Mr. Madras was a true prep and a pair of freshly-laundered (I think/hope) tartan plaid boxers was sitting neatly folded in his top drawer. I grabbed them, caught his eye for a split second and ran like mad out the door with my prize. Since we attended a relatively small (2,000 students) private college, it was inevitable that our paths would cross again--sooner rather than later. Several weeks later, his dorm floor had a party, and we actually talked a bit. He introduced me to his roommate and kept on making the rounds meeting some new freshmen girls. That fall, I'd see him on campus and say "hi," but it wasn't until we had a class together "Child Psychology" Spring semester that I knew this guy was worth a little flirting. Luckily, he felt I was worth some of his time as well. We met up at a fraternity party that spring and ended up spending most of the night together -- just talking, about everything and anything. I knew that night, without a doubt, this would be the guy I would marry. While it may not have been totally smooth sailing after that night, we did get married 5 years later. This year, we'll celebrate our 19th wedding anniversary, and I can't imagine anyone more perfect for me.

I'm tagging Impoverished Preppy and Melissa C.

6 comments:

Kim said...

Gotta love college sweethearts! Thanks for sharing that story!

Suburban prep said...

cute story of your history.

Katie Ryan said...

Just wanted to say hi. I Just found your blog. I love it.

melissa said...

Such a sweet story, love hearing these 'love stories' :)

Melissa

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the tag - I'll get to it soon.

The Mrs. said...

I love that story!!!!!!