Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Just had to share...

See a bargain, pick it up ~ all day long you'll have good luck.

Just had to share about some of my good fortune over the last few days as I stumbled upon some really fun bargains. I've discovered that half the fun of discovering these great finds is being able to share the news with others who appreciate a good deal.

First, at Tuesday Morning. Lilly Pulitzer abounds. They had several of these multi patch quilts along with matching shams. There were also several different Lilly sheet sets and dust ruffles as well. I got the king quilt for $119.99 and two matching king shams for $29.99. We're redecorating Big Sister's room and Lilly is something we can BOTH agree on.

Also got this Lilly book for $4.99. It's got great recipes, ideas and photos.

Then it was onto Marshall's for more bargain finds and all "On Clearance" nonetheless. These were all Toss Designs, and I've paid full price for their stuff before because it's so cute! Needless to say, this stuff was literally jumping into my cart...

Adorable laminated cosmetic bag only $5 along with a matching tennis racket cover for $15. For $15, I could afford to get this cute racket cover, too, (which coincidentally matches a Toss tote I got at Tuesday Morning before Christmas).
Marshall's had a lot of other Toss stuff, too, ~bucket hats, flip-flops, lots of cosmetic bags. Oh, and some cute rain boots that I just HAD to have...only$16.


Also, I picked up some Vineyard Vines $3 boxers and a $5 belt for Big Brother. If you've got a Marshall's nearby, it's probably worth a stop. On a quick whim, I also ran into Ross, which I consider the "black sheep" of the TJMaxx/Marshall's family...so imagine my surprise and disbelief when I came across this Vera Bradley Nantucket Red suitcase "On Clearance" for $89. It's huge with lots of great features and I knew it was meant to be since Mr. Madras and I are headed on a "weekend getaway" in a few days, and I really did need some new luggage... Mr. M doesn't seem to find the same joy in my bargain finds. In fact, his only comment about my Vera bargain suitcase was that it would probably get really dirty. So thanks for letting me share here...I'd love to hear about some of your great bargains. I really do think it's twice as fun to share the excitement of that "fabulous find."

8 comments:

melissa said...

WOW! Fabulous Finds for sure! I never seem to have such luck.

Melissa

Tickled Pink And Green said...

OMG you hit the jackpot!! I want that tennis racket cover for sure. I was at Marshalls recently and did not see them.

Must.Go.Back.Now. :0

I got a Lilly comforter last year and use it as a picnic blanket or just sitting around in my front yard with the neighbor kids and mine. It's the snappy dragonflies pattern and it's soooooo cute. (we all have bedcovering and didn't need another one)....I'd LOVE that quilt - I want it in twin. Also, I also found that Lilly book at Tuesday Morning in December and bought about 3 copies to give as gifts. Love the Vera bag and I'm like you about Ross, definitely the black sheep, and cannot BELIEVE they had VB. Wow.
Your hubs sounds like my hubs. They just don't understand.

The Mrs. said...

OMG! They have Lilly at Tuesday Morning? I have a Tues Morning next to my Marshals and never go in! I will go now for sure! What great finds....vineyard vines at Marshalls? That is INSANE!

Suburban prep said...

What great finds.
How come when I go to Tuesday Morning or Marshalls there is nothing?

The 5 Bickies said...

You got great finds...so glad you shared! I went to Tuesday Morning in search of that book about a month ago after someone else posted about it. No luck. Perhaps I will have to squeeze in a trip to TM tomorrow! I'll keep you posted on any finds.

Caffeine Court said...

You are killing me! Awesome finds! I'm hitting Tuesday morning tomorrow morning!

I found some adorable Lilly bathroom stuff at Marshalls last week.

Kim said...

Either somebody wipes out my TM before I get there or we don't get the good stuff.

And I agree about Ross. It's right next door to Steinmart here, so if I'm not too tired (or broke!) after I hit Steinmart, sometimes I'll go in and check it out.

Love the VB suitcase. I have the Nantucket Navy purse because it reminds me of the Pierre Deux one in the Preppy Handbook.

Must go shopping...NOW!

workinthatpreppy said...

i can not believe all of your finds. we have a tuesday morning here so i am definitely searching ours.